Strategy #3 Facebook Instant Experience Ad
Instant Experience ads (previously Canvas ads) are an immersive, full-screen experience that the platform calls a “powerful storytelling tool.
Most of your clientele are swiping Facebook on their mobiles. Because mobile speeds have long been super slow, Facebook is making things easier on viewers by eliminating that pesky load time.
Instant experiences can be tied to a series of goals. These work great when you wish to showcase multiple eCommerce products and want them to take action, dare I say it, instantly (Instant Storefront or Instant Lookbook).
The features that should to service-based business are:
- Instant Form—Viewers can share their contact details if they want to learn more about a service. Best used for lead generation or answering inquiries.
- Instant Storytelling—A full-screen swipeable experience. Use this to guide viewers through a story about your brand and add descriptive text to guide them through the journey.
- Instant Customer Acquisition—Designed to drive conversions by sending viewers to a landing page. This option works much like a traditional ad designed to send the viewer to a landing page, where they’ll complete an action like sign up for an account, leave their info, or register for an event. Use this to collect customer information or to promote a lead magnet.
The ‘How To’ Part
Here are 12 simple steps to get started if you are wishing to give it a try.
- Go to Ads Manager
- Click Ads
- Click +Create
- Choose an objective that supports Instant Experience, such as Traffic or Conversions. Name your campaign and click Continue
- Choose your ad’s audience, budget and schedule and click Continue
- Select your ad format – carousel, single image, single video, slideshow or collection. Note: If you choose the collection format, you automatically select fullscreen Instant Experience and may skip the next step
- Check the box for Add an Instant Experience
- You can choose one of the existing templates or click Build a custom Instant Experience
- Give your Instant Experience a name, select the components you want to add and how you want them to fit a mobile screen and click Save
- To name your components, hover over the component name (e.g. “Photo”) and click. Rename the component to remember it later.
- To see your Instant Experience or have someone else preview it, click Mobile Preview and select Preview on Facebook, Preview on Instagram or Share
- Click Finish
We would recommend to try this out in Facebooks’s Creative Hub before going live. What is Facebook Creative Hub? More on that next time!